Advanced Fess & Skullbase Surgery Course Program 2024
Advanced Fess & Skullbase Surgery Course Program: 1 - 2 February, 2024
- The course will be overseen by Prof Prepageran Narayanan from Malaysia.
- It runs over 2 days.
- Day 1 will cover anterior skull base exposure including anterior and posterior ethmoidectomy, frontal sinus surgery including Draf procedures, exposure to the sphenoid, sellar turcica and rescue flaps, medial maxillectomy and DCR, orbital decompression
- Day 2 will progress to central and posterior skull base exposure including transsellar, transplanum, transcribiform and transclivus approaches
- Dissections will be done in our world class Sunskills Lab with all the necessary powered instruments at your disposal including HD monitors and 3D navigation to enhance the learning experience
- Number of delegates: 14
DownloadsDownload Advanced Fess & Skullbase Surgery Course Programme
- To gain an appreciation of temporal bone anatomy
- To acquire the skills for middle ear and mastoid surgery
- To gain a 3-D perspective of the positions of the facial nerve and semicircular canals
- To gain insight into decision-making in otologic surgery.
The Course work takes place at the Faculty of Medicine, Tygerberg Campus, in Parow, a suburb in the northern part of Cape Town.
The social events take place in the Green Point and Waterfront area of Cape Town – which is also where we recommend you stay, and from where we arrange transport to the Course each day.
Please do not make the mistake of thinking that the course takes place at Stellenbosch, which is a town north of Cape Town. It takes place in the suburb of Parow/Tygerberg, a northern suburb of Cape Town but still within the Cape Town city limits.
Accommodation for the Course:
We recommend you stay in the Green Point / De Waterkant / V&A Waterfront /Cape Town Central areas of Cape Town. This is because all the social events happen there, and because it is a very attractive and interesting part of Cape Town.
We offer transport to- and from the Course each day. However please note that we can only transport you to and from the Course if you stay in the Green Point / De Waterkant / V&A Waterfront /Cape Town Central areas of Cape Town, as mentioned above. We may also ask you to walk a short distance to a shared pick-up point in order to make the transport arrangements efficient.
Faculty of Medicine
Tygerberg Hospital Campus
Francie Van Zijl Dr
Prof Prepageran Narayanan
Currently Professor and Head of Dept of Otorhinolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University Malaya. He is often an invited expert Surgeon for Complex endoscopic sinonasal skull base, Cochlear Implant and Neurotology cases in the Malaysia and the Region. He is currently the Visiting Professor of Chiang Mai University, Visiting Professor of University of Mandalay, Myanmar Visiting Professor of Neurosurgery in Sanjay Ghandi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow and is the Mentors of the Skull Base Fellowship program in University Malaya which receives fellows and surgeons from all over the worlds for attachment and training.
Prof Prepageran Narayanan CV
ENT surgeon in private practice in Cape Town with part-time state practice at Tygerberg hospital. He has a special interest in endoscopic sinus and anterior skull base surgery.
Neurosurgeon at Tygerberg hospital with special interest in endoscopic skull base surgery.
ENT surgeon in private practice in Cape Town who has done a endoscopic skull base fellowship under Professor Prepageran.
The courses are run with the invaluable support of the sponsors, without which it would be difficult to supply the high quality of equipment and facilities that are of such importance in a course like this.