Advanced FESS and Skullbase course
Course detailsDates: 25-26 January 2018
- The course is based on the same hands-on approach that Prof Prepageran's courses have become famous for.
- Fresh frozen cadavers, one side per delegate.
- 3D navigation at each station
- Advanced FESS dissection with endoscopic exploration of the anterior skullbase and beyond.
- Number of delegates: 14
- Prof Prepageran Narayanan
- Dr Gary Kroukamp
- Dr Sauliegh Kamedien
- Dr Marc Merven
- Dr David Roytowski
Course organiser: Dr AK Ebrahim
Day 1: (25 January 2018)Endoscopic Trasnasal approach to Ant & Central Skull Base
- Module 1: Ant & Post Ethmoidectomy, middle meatotomy
- Module 2: Frontal Sinus & Modified Lothrop
- Module 3: Exposure of sphenoid, sella turcica, septal flap
- Module 4: Pedunculated vascularized flaps: Middle turbinate and inferior turbinate flaps
- Module 5: Endoscopic Medial Maxillectomy, eDCR
- Module 6: Orbital & Optic Nerve Decompression, Intraconal Orbit dissection
- Module 7: Pterygopalatine & Infratemporal Fossa
Day 2: (26 January 2018)Anterior & Central Skull Base
- Module 8: Transellar/transtubecular (pituitary translocation, cavernous sinus)
- Module 9: Transplanum approaches
- Module 10: Transcribiform and olfactory bulb
- Module 11: Transclivus approaches
- Module 12: Craniovertebral Junction exposure of clivus, upper cervical veterbra
Registration form (Link removed)
Please download and complete registration form and email to:
For any further enquiries please contact:
021 938 9041
3rd floor Fisan Building
Faculty of Medicine
Tygerberg Hospital Campus
Francie Van Zijl Dr
The course work takes place at the Faculty of Medicine, Tygerberg Campus, in Parow, a suburb in the northern part of Cape Town.
Please contact Belinda for any assistance regarding travel arrangements.
We would like to thank Medtronic for their invaluable support, without which it would be difficult to supply the high quality of equipment and facilities that are of such importance in a course like this.